- Know why your personal information is being collected, how it will be used and who it will be disclosed to;
- Have the option of not identifying yourself, or of using a pseudonym in certain circumstances;
- Ask for access to your personal information (including your health information);
- Stop receiving unwanted direct marketing;
- Ask for your personal information that is incorrect to be corrected;
- Make a complaint about an entity covered by the Privacy Act, if you consider that they have mishandled your personal information.
Dynamic Maintenance Services collect information to provide better products and services to all of our consumers and customers. The types of information we collect depends largely on the circumstances in which the information is collected, some key examples of which are set out below:
- Dynamic Maintenance Services may collect contact details including your name, address, email address, phone numbers and your date of birth / age. We may also collect answers you provide to questions we ask and other information in relation to your dealings with Dynamic Maintenance Services. If you purchase products or services from us, we may also collect certain details to process the transaction.
- When you use our websites, we may collect website usage information such as the IP address you are using, the name of your Internet service provider, your browser version, the web site that referred you to us and the next website you go to, the pages you request, the date and time of those requests and the country you are in. Similarly, when you use our mobile applications, we may collect information such as your device ID, your location and details of how you used the mobile application.
- If you apply for employment with Dynamic Maintenance Services, in addition to the information referred to above, we may also collect information for the purpose of considering your application including your qualifications and resume as well as reference information from your nominated referees. As Dynamic Maintenance Services is frequently required to request site access for employees, the information collected may be given to clients, obtain police clearances and medicals.
- If you are an individual contractor to Dynamic Maintenance Services, in addition to the information referred to above, we may also collect information relevant to your engagement with Dynamic Maintenance Services including qualifications, resume, reference information from your nominated referees, bank details, feedback from supervisors and training records.
- Dynamic Maintenance Services collects personal data about its employees, clients, suppliers, sub-contractors and others with whom it deals. This personal data must be sufficiently detailed so that Dynamic Maintenance Services is effective in conducting its business.
- Dynamic Maintenance Services generally collect personal data directly from you in person, in writing, by telephone, email or via our websites. For example, we may collect information when you ask us to provide services to you. We may also collect personal data via third parties in some cases. For example, if we deliver a service to your organisation (such as a relocation), we may collect personal data from the organisation purchasing the service (for example, in the case of relocation services, your destination address).
- Dynamic Maintenance Services does not generally require you to disclose any sensitive information to us. If you do provide sensitive information to us for any reason, you consent to us collecting that information and to us using and disclosing that information for the purpose for which you disclosed it to us and as permitted by the Privacy Act and other relevant laws.
- In addition to the types of personal information identified above, Dynamic Maintenance Services may collect personal information as otherwise permitted or required by law.
- Generally, you have no obligation to provide any personal information requested by us. However, if you choose not to provide certain personal information we may not be able to provide you with the products and services that you require.
Dynamic Maintenance Services collects personal information in a number of ways. The most common ways we collect your personal information are:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us or our agents or contractors;
- Via our websites or when you deal with us online (including through our social media pages and our mobile applications);
- When you apply for employment;
- If you are an individual contractor or prospective employee to Dynamic Maintenance Services, from your employer and former employers or recruitment agency; and
- From third parties (for example, from referees if you apply for a position as an employee or contractor with us).
4. Use and disclosure of information
4.1. Broadly speaking, we use the personal information we collect to provide and improve our products and services. Some examples of how we use your personal information includes:
- To provide or promote our products and services to you;
- To arrange the services you require or so that you can provide a service to our clients;
- To contact you to obtain your feedback, to find out your level of satisfaction with our products and services and for other market research activities; and
- To consider you for a job at Dynamic Maintenance Services (whether as an employee or contractor) or other relationships with us.
4.2. Dynamic Maintenance Services will take reasonable steps to inform you why we are collecting your personal information, how we intend to use that information and to whom we intend to disclose it at the time we collect your personal information.
4.3. In addition to the purposes listed above, Dynamic Maintenance Services may use your personal information for other purposes which will be made clear to you at the time Dynamic Maintenance Services collects that information, or for other purposes permitted by law.
4.4. Where Dynamic Maintenance Services uses your personal information to promote or market products or services directly to you (including by way of email, telephone, SMS, MMS and mobile push notifications) we will provide you with an opportunity to unsubscribe from any future direct marketing correspondence. You can also contact us directly on the details below if you wish to unsubscribe from our direct marketing.
4.5. We may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with the purposes described above. We may also disclose your personal information where we are required or authorised to do so by law.
4.6. This may include disclosing your personal information to the following types of third parties:
- Our related companies;
- Our contractors and other third parties that provide goods and services to us (including marketing and promotions agencies, website and data hosting providers, and hr-related service providers);
- Companies that may use your personal information in order to tailor electronic advertising to you (e.g. On a webpage) in relation to our products and services;
- Our accountants, insurers, lawyers, auditors and other professional advisers; and
- If you are an individual contractor to Dynamic Maintenance Services, to your employer or agency.
4.7. We take reasonable steps to ensure that these third parties are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information. Importantly, Dynamic Maintenance Services will never sell your personal information to a third party.
4.8. If you post information to public parts of our websites or social media pages (including through our mobile applications), you acknowledge that such information (including your personal information) may be available to be viewed by the public. You should use discretion in deciding what information you upload to such sites.
5. Personal information outside australia
Some of the third parties to whom we disclose personal information may be located outside Australia. Where this is the case, we take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information will not be held, used or disclosed by such third party in a way that is inconsistent with the principles contained in the Privacy Act
6. Protection of personal information
Dynamic Maintenance Services takes reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect from you is held securely and protected from misuse and unauthorised access or disclosure. Unfortunately, we cannot and do not guarantee that unauthorised access to your personal information will not occur. Accordingly, where consistent with applicable legislation, any personal information you provide to Dynamic Maintenance Services will be at your own risk (even if we are negligent). If you do become aware of a breach of security in relation to your personal information, please contact us.
7. LINKS, COOKIES AND USE OF DYNAMIC MAINTENANCE SERVICES WEBSITES AND APPLICATIONS
7.2. Dynamic Maintenance Services uses “cookies” and similar technology on its websites and in other technology applications. The use of such technologies is an industry standard and helps us monitor the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our websites/applications. We use such technologies to generate statistics, measure your activity, improve the usefulness of our communications and to enhance the “user” experience.
7.4. Each time you access one of our websites, we may deliver certain customised information, including ads and marketing campaigns, to you based on the data stored in your cookie. Third party vendors may show our ads and marketing campaigns on sites on the Internet and serve these ads and marketing campaigns based on a user’s prior visits to our website and other Internet activity. Dynamic Maintenance Services may also use analytics data supplied by third party vendors to inform and optimise our ad and marketing campaigns.
8. ACCESSING AND CORRECTING INFORMATION
You have a right to access your personal information that we hold, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to access that personal information, please contact us. We may require that the person requesting access provide suitable identification and, in certain circumstances, we may charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your personal information.
We try to maintain your personal information as accurately as reasonably possible. We rely on the accuracy of personal information as provided to us both directly (from you) and indirectly. We encourage you to contact us if the personal information we hold about you is incorrect or to notify us of a change in your personal information.
9. QUERIES, COMPLAINTS AND COMMENTS
When contacting us please provide as much detail as possible in relation to your question, comment or complaint. Dynamic Maintenance Services will take any privacy complaint seriously and we will endeavour to respond to you within 30 days. If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you may wish to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
If you have any questions in relation to privacy or the steps that Dynamic Maintenance Services has taken to protect your personal information or privacy, please contact us:
Postal Address: PO Box 4006, Swan View, WA, 6056
Telephone: 9250 3001